Tope said action would be taken against those buildings where FSI more than four had been utilised. There are 588 such buildings. He, however, said the government would soon make the roads free of encroachment.
Mumbai's makeover plan has inched forward. The Rs 2.25 lakh crore plan for development of Mumbai Metropolitan Region is awaiting approval of the state government. The government will approve of this once the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) okays it. The plan includes infrastructure such as road transport, Metro rail, skybus, Brimstowad storm water drainage project & water transport development. The plan covers entire Mumbai as well as Thane district.
A meeting of local people's representatives, including legislators would be convened shortly to discuss related issues, he said.
The post was reserved for a woman from Other Backward Classes
The estimated cost of the project, proposed on four separate routes is Rs 1800 crore (Rs 18 billion). The first route covering 25 km is Malabar Hill- Gopalrao Deshmukh Marg-Haji Ali-Keshavrao Khade Marg-Jacob Circle-Sane Guruji Marg- S S Rao Marg-Dattaram Lad Marg-GD Ambedkar Marg-Wadala Marg-Wadala Truck Terminus-Antop Hill-Sion Hospital-Dharavi- Bandra Kurla Complex. The second route is of 10 km is Chembur-Mahul-Gidwani Marg-Gowandi-Chembur.
Union Minister Milind Deora on Tuesday disagreed with Maharashtra government's rejection of the judicial commission of inquiry report on Adarsh Housing scam which indicted several politicians including three former chief ministers for "blatant violations".
Maharashtra government has rejected the report of the judicial commission of inquiry on the Adarsh scam it tabled in the legislative assembly on Friday which indicted several politicians including three former chief ministers for "blatant violations" of statutory provisions.
With this allocation of portfolios, the Sharad Pawar-led NCP has got most of the 'plum' ministries.
Stating that the fight against COVID-19 is at the final stage, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya on Thursday cautioned against letting the guard down before it is completely over and requested states to enhance the vaccination coverage and motivate the over 12 crore beneficiaries who are due for their second dose to take it.
This was the sixth consecutive day when coronavirus cases increased by more than 14,000. Consequently, India has added 92,573 cases since June 20, and over 2.82 lakh this month alone since June 1.
'Predictions are that numbers will continue to rise till May end and maybe in the first half of June will be our peak.'